Sober Second Thoughts
- Covered in Oil: Even in defeat, these chaps and their commenters are always good for a belly laugh.
- An obviously tipsy Kid Rock was interviewed on CBC after the game last night:
KR: "I love the South. I love Carolina. 'Nuff said."
CBC: "Early on, when Cam Ward replaced Martin Gerber in the nets, were you nervous? What did you think?"
KR: (long pause) "More beer!"
CBC: (laughs) "Did that fix it?"
KR: "That fixes everything!"
- Family cat cares not for Brindy: Right at the stroke of midnight when the Cup was presented, the critter coughed up a monster hairball. I wish I had taken a picture...
- Karmanos: "We're gonna win several more!"
Um, yeah. That's a bold statement. He might be right, but the safe bet is this will be the last one for a while. The toll of 107-108 meaningful games (>110 for their Olympians) will carry over into next season. That goes for the Oilers, too. I don't think I would be going out on a limb if I were to predict that at least one of these two teams will not make the playoffs next year.
- Justin Williams scoring the clinching ENG: That could make a Habs fan, one secretly hoping Williams would get his just deserts, quite bitter. Yeah, yeah, it was accidental. 'Accidental' does not equal 'immediately forgivable' or 'tolerable.' 'Accidental' does not relieve responsibility.
- Unrelated to the Cup, but worth mentioning: Jose Theodore has stolen Darcy Tucker's moniker of "Sideshow Bob." I wish you Happy Headlines in Denver, Theo.