2006-06-19

Conflict of Interest

- Beckett Hockey Magazine, the authority on the dollar value of hockey cards, has a clear interest in having the 'Canes win G7. Bill McCreary, one of the two refs of tonight's contest, has his own hockey card.

Hmmmmm...

- Hot unrelated tip: stock up on Bill McCreary hockey cards. I have a gut feeling their value is going to go through the roof in Beckett Hockey magazine.

- Feeling confident, Oil fans? After all, that was quite a whipping in G6 Saturday night. It might have been the biggest whipping the 'Canes have suffered since... oh, perhaps since the Habs handed them a 6-1 loss in their first game of these playoffs. History will show that Carolina did not lie down afterward.

I'm sure that, prior to tonight's opening faceoff, we will all be innundated with the home teams' gaudy record in G7s. If I had two bits, I'd plunk 'em down for the squad in red.

- The news wasn't all bad for Caniacs in G6, as Cole (Erik) finally stepped out of the press box and made a strong return. The news wasn't all good for Oiler fans watching the CBC broadcast of G6, as Cole (Bob) did not step out of the press box. Both Coles should be doing their respective jobs to the best of their severely disparate abilities tonight in G7.

- I hope we see a beauty, but fear we will experience a relative dud of a game. A la G7 in '04. Whether it's due to nerves, fatigue, or the sheer terror of screwing up and becoming the goat, I expect to see the game slow down tonight. But please, please, PLEASE do not end with a 5-on-3 PPG with the second guy off for the puck-over-the-glass penalty! Please!

2 Comments:

Blogger mike said...

I'm going with a Canes win too, but because I have faith in the home ice number of power plays advantage.

6/19/2006 5:29 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that hockey card. In fact, I think I have a couple of them.

6/22/2006 3:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home