2006-08-03

Méli-Mélo

First up, we have some eBay listings. According to the seller, this sack of pucks is "great for practicing your shot or stick handling." Habs fans: keep your fingers crossed that Bob G. places a bid offering Mike Ribeiro in return for them. Never mind that eBay will only allow numeric bids. Let Bob work his magic.

Here's another bargain. The seller says, "There is some staining..." Ew. How the hell does a second-"hand" cup accumulate seven eight bids???

While we're on the subject of potty humour... Do you suffer from constipation? Hockey's Future can help.

On a political note, here are a couple of causes worth fighting for.


Something for the geeks: "
Hockey pools for profit: A simulation based player selection strategy." It's an interesting read, but it won't dissuade me from my current two-step strategy for hockey pool dominance: intimidation through extensive use of profanity, followed by blatant cheating.

Finally, Sheldon Cohen's short film adaptation of
Roch Carrier's "The Hockey Sweater" is now available online at nfb.ca.

Wow, 200 posts. What a long, strange trip it's been. Now, I'm afraid Sisu Hockey must go on a brief hiatus (a couple of months at the most) and take a rest from the breakneck pace of posting the last few weeks. There are just too many other things on the go at the moment for me to maintain the quantity and quality of content that my readers have come to expect. Hey! Quit scoffing!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I think you've done a very nice job with your blog. I have had a chance to browse your site and I think many people would enjoy reading it. I would like to link to your site from my site.

For the past few months I have been working on my site www.writeonsports.com. It is still in the process of being developed and will be finalized in the next month (or so). The premise of the site is to provide a centralized area where independent people, who like to write on sports or read about sports, are able to find articles/authors they enjoy. As part of my website, I am going to provide a "sportsblog library". This will provide readers a searchable data base to find the sports teams that they enjoy reading about. I would like your site to be part of the sportsblog library. If someone searches for the Canadians they would be able to find a link to your blog.

I am not looking for a straight listing of all the blogs that relate to each team; I am looking for a place where someone can go and find a well written blog that offers information to the knowledgeable reader. I think your site provides such a quality. As such, I would like to invite you to be listed in the sportsblog library.

Anyway, I look forward to your response and I hope you will accept my invitation.

Thanks,


David Crowe
Write On Sports LLC
dcrowe@writeonsports.com
www.writeonsports.com

8/06/2006 10:22 p.m.  
Blogger Ingmar "W" Bergman said...

David Croew think's a lot of things.

Sad to see you have to stop posting for a while, but glad to see that you are still alive.

Take care.

8/14/2006 8:27 p.m.  
Blogger deejayskip said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/21/2006 12:17 p.m.  
Blogger deejayskip said...

as a finnish canadian, this blog has the best name ever! btw, i've started sports bloggin' at:
http://www.publicbroadcasting.ca/pbl/sports/
drop by sometime! and keep on, keeping on!

8/21/2006 12:23 p.m.  
Blogger faux rumors said...

Good luck on your Habs blog!!
if anyone out there also wants to read oher insites, including the latest rumors, feel free and navigate over to: http://fauxrumors.blogspot.com

8/31/2006 3:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home